To all of our customers; past, present, and future –
We wanted to give you an update on our efforts to help keep your operations up and running during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
We are closely monitoring the latest reports from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), our industry associations, and the industry as a whole. Our goal is to do everything we can do to keep your operations moving forward and people safe during this unprecedented and evolving situation.
We are here to help and some of the steps we’ve taken so far include:
- Secured a live-streaming video platform that will allow you to connect to a live technician who can begin diagnosis of your equipment before ever setting foot in your location, if you’re not comfortable with them on premise. This service should be launching as early as Monday 3/23/2020
- Saturday & Sunday service will now be billed at Straight Time instead of Overtime. This change is permanent for the Phoenix Market, and all other markets will resume typical billing procedures on April 6th, 2020.
- We have released our ENTIRE library of how-to videos (300+) on YouTube so customers can perform minor repairs themselves as opposed to calling in a service company. If you elect to take advantage of this, please be smart and don’t perform any tasks you’re not comfortable with. Find the video library here: https://www.youtube.com/user/windycityequipment
- In our experience, when equipment goes unused for any significant length of time (2 weeks or more) the likelihood of there being a problem upon restart is much greater. In this time of need, we have implemented a “Hibernation Service” and a “Restart Service” so you can have the peace of mind that you can jump right back into operation when all this blows over.
- Instituted a pandemic plan across our organization that includes health and safety protocols so we can continue to serve you.
- Augmented our existing cleaning procedures for our facilities and our field operations.
- Educated our entire team on the best practices recommended by the CDC.
- Working closely with suppliers to maintain the flow of parts or find alternative suppliers when the supplies are limited. Because we were proactive in the early stages of the outbreak, we have all the protective supplies we need to keep our office team supplied for the next couple of months. Like many, we anticipate shortages of Coronavirus-related safety products and are working to secure a supply that would carry us through the end of the year.
- Appointed a dedicated team managing our response, and we will continue to provide updates as we acquire new information. Please know that WCE is committed to providing the quality service you have come to expect.
On behalf of WCE, thank you for your continued business and we value the relationship we have built. And we wish you, your family, and your team all the best through this uncertainty.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reply to this email and we will assist you immediately.
Josh Zolin, CEO
Windy City Equipment Service, Inc