WINDY CITY EQUIPMENT DO-IT-YOURSELF VIDEOS: SAFETY WARNINGS, INSTRUCTIONS, AND DISCLAIMER
CAREFULLY READ THESE WARNINGS AND WATCH THE ENTIRE VIDEO BEFORE BEGINNING ANY PROJECT.
- YOUR SAFETY AND YOUR PROPERTY IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
- WINDY CITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM TO ANY PERSON OR PROPERTY IF YOU FAIL TO FOLLOW THESE WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS OR THOSE MENTIONED IN THE VIDEO.
The projects on this website are a lot of fun, but that fun can end quickly. These projects may involve heavy, sharp and hot objects, flames, gases, electrical wires, and toxic substances. If you don’t follow these instructions, you may seriously injury yourself or a loved one, or cause serious damage to your property, including the expensive, sensitive, and complex equipment you are trying to maintain and repair. To keep yourself, your loved ones, and your property safe, please carefully read and follow these instructions and warnings.
- ALWAYS REVIEW THESE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE STARTING ANY PROJECT. Each project may involve new or different equipment, part, tools, or potential hazards. Don’t assume that your success or experience in the past will guarantee your safety or ability to successfully complete a new project.
- ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THE VIDEO’S INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE BEGINNING A PROJECT. DO NOT ATTEMPT ANY PROJECT YOU THINK YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND. You need to know what you’re doing before you attempt any of these projects. These projects may involve dangerous, expensive, sensitive, and complex equipment and parts. You can injury yourself or others, or damage your property, if you do not know what you’re doing when you try to complete one of these projects.
- ALWAYS WEAR APPROPRIATE SAFETY GEAR. This may include gloves, long-sleeve shirts, jeans, socks, closed-toe shoes, masks, and safety glasses.
- ALWAYS USE THE APPROPRIATE TOOLS. Using improper tools increases the likelihood that you will injury yourself or someone else, or damage your property. DO NOT attempt any project without having the appropriate tools.
- ALWAYS USE SAFETY GEAR AND TOOLS APPROPRIATELY AND NEVER USE EXCESSIVE FORCE. Do not force any equipment or part to do something it refuses to do, or otherwise use excessive force. If you do, you may hurt yourself or someone else, or damage your property.
- NEVER ATTEMPT ANY PROJECT WHEN YOU CANNOT PROVIDE A CLEAN AND SAFE SPACE FOR EVERYONE. These projects may involve dangerous and toxic materials that can seriously harm some. Certain individuals, including yourself, may be particularly sensitive to harm from certain materials. If that is the case, do not attempt any project while those persons are present. DO NOT LET CHILDREN OR PETS COME NEAR ANY EQUIPMENT OR PARTS. KEEP ALL EQUIPMENT AND PARTS OUT OF THEIR REACH. These individuals may not understand the danger and may harm themselves or others. Because some equipment and parts are small, they may present a choking risk.
- NEVER ATTEMPT ANY MAINTENANCE OR REPAIR THAT IS NOT MENTIONED IN THE VIDEO. THIS INCLUDES MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRS ON EQUIPMENT THAT IS DIFFERENT FROM THE EQUIPMENT IN THE VIDEO. These projects involve expensive, sensitive, and complex equipment and parts that may differ based on the brand, model, or design. If your equipment and parts are not like the ones used in the video, do not assume that the instructions in the video apply. You may injure yourself or others, or damage your property. IF YOU’RE NOT SURE OUR VIDEO APPLIES TO YOUR EQUIPMENT, CALL US. We’re happy to help you safely care for your specific equipment.
- ALWAYS REVIEW AND FOLLOW ANY WARNINGS OR INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED WITH ANY EQUIPMENT, PARTS, TOOLS, OR OTHER MATERIALS. These projects may involve specialized materials that create hazards or require special handling, meaning you can only safely use them in specific ways without harming yourself or others or damaging your property.
IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS, YOU MAY SERIOUSLY INJURE YOURSELF OR OTHERS, OR SERIOUSLY DAMAGE YOU EQUIPMENT. Specifically:
- THESE PROJECTS MAY INVOLVE SHARP, HEAVY, OR MOVEABLE OBJECTS THAT CAN FALL, ROTATE, OR CHANGE POSITION WHICH CAN PINCH, CUT, OR CRUSH YOU OR OTHER PEOPLE OR PROPERTY. Equipment and parts may have sharp edges, especially when they have been cut or broke. Whenever possible, avoid getting underneath or touching any equipment or part. Make sure all equipment and parts are stable before if you absolutely need to get beneath or touching any equipment or part.
- THESE PROJECTS MAY INVOLVE OPEN FLAMES, OR HOT OR HEATED OBJECTS OR OIL, WHICH CAN BURN YOU OR OTHER PEOPLE, CAUSE FIRES, OR DAMAGE OTHER PROPERTY. Whenever possible, you should extinguish or turn off, disconnect equipment from electricity and gas, and let these materials cool down before you attempt any project.
- THESE PROJECTS MAY INVOLVE TOXIC MATERIALS WHICH ARE POISONOUS OR CAN CAUSE IRRITATION TO YOU OR OTHER PEOPLE OR PROPERTY. Always review the warning labels and instructions for any chemical or material used during a project before beginning a project, and follow those instructions and warnings.
- THESE PROJECTS MAY INVOLVE ELECTRICITY AND OBJECTS CARRY AN ELECTRICAL CHARGE OR ARE STILL CONNECTED TO ELECTRICAL SOURCES THAT CAN SHOCK YOU OR OTHER PEOPLEDAMAGE OTHER PROPERTY. Whenever possible, turn off and disconnect equipment from electrical sources before beginning any project, and use rubber gloves to prevent shocks from materials that still hold a charge.
- THESE PROJECTS MAY INVOLVE GASES AND OBJECTS CONTAINING GASES THAT CAN BE FLAMMABLE, TOXIC, OR OTHERWISE HARM PEOPLE OR PROPERTY. Whenever possible, remove any open flames from the area, turn off and disconnect equipment from gas sources before beginning any project, and use safety glasses and masks to prevent any exposure to gas during a project. Make sure any part involved in storing, transferring, or releasing gas is secure so that no gas leaks occur.
SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION IF YOU ARE INJURED OR EXPOSED TO ANY DANGEROUS MATERIAL DURING ANY PROJECT. YOUR SAFETY AND YOUR PROPERTY IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. WINDY CITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM TO ANY PERSON OR PROPERTY CAUSED BY YOUR FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS OR THOSE MENTIONED IN THE VIDEO.
Comments are closed.